COVID-19 – How we are managing our patients
This page was last updated on 15/12/21
We are changing the way we manage people inside this medical practice. This
is to ensure the safety of our staff and patients and to adhere to current
Queensland Government Guidelines. Please read these requirements
From 17th December 2021:
- You will be requested by administration staff to provide proof of full COVID-
19 vaccination (2 doses) prior to your appointment. There are 3 accepted documents of proof which can be obtained through the Medicare app, from your Medicare-linked MyGov account, My Health Record or alternatively, a printed certificate from Medicare.
- A COVID-19 digital certificate
- Your immunisation history statement (IHS)
- An international COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate for overseas travel
- If you are fully vaccinated, but have respiratory, cold or flu-like symptoms,
you must not attend our premises – you must obtain a COVID-19 test,
receive a negative result before attending in person.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to have a COVID-19
PCR test with a negative result within 72 hours of your consultation to attend
our practice. This test will be at your own expense. Alternatively, a Telehealth
consultation may be offered if your treating surgeon deems this appropriate.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, and you require more urgent medical
attention, we recommend that you go straight to your nearest Hospital
Emergency Department to avoid any delay in receiving treatment and where
staff have access to full Personal Protective Equipment.
- There is a strict one fully vaccinated carer/support person per patient rule.
No unvaccinated visitors are to enter the practice. All visitors are required to
provide COVID-19 vaccination proof using the Check In Qld app on arrival.
Failure to comply with this will result in the visitor being asked to wait outside
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during this pandemic.