Dr Hans Lombard’s focus is on delivering best quality care of hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder conditions, thereby helping patients to maintain and regain the active lifestyle that is so characteristic of the Sunshine Coast.
He qualified as an orthopaedic surgeon in Cape Town South Africa 2006 and passed the Australian fellowship exam and was awarded Fellowship the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2009.
Following this he completed a fellowship in upper limb surgery at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in 2010 and has been in practice on the Sunshine Coast since 2011.
For the safest, and most comfortable experience Dr Lombard performs many hand and wrist procedures under sedation (twilight anaesthetic) combined with local or regional anaesthesia where possible.
He works in close collaboration with Sunshine Coast Hand Therapy for post operative rehabilitation after hand and wrist surgery. Services are combined in one appointment, saving patients time and expense. A collaborative approach is important to give patients the best possible outcome after surgery.
Dr Lombard is a keen cyclist enjoying mountain biking and road cycling on our excellent local tracks and scenic roads. Being both a surgeon and an amateur athlete, he understands that it is important to recover as smoothly and rapidly as possible from the injuries that an active lifestyle can result in.
Providing the best treatments for conditions including:
- Carpal tunnel surgery – keyhole surgery where appropriate
- Hand, thumb and finger arthritis – including finger joint replacements
- Dupuytren’s disease – including Collagenase (Xiaflex) injections where it is indicated
- Hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder fractures
- Acute WorkCover injuries
- Shoulder dislocation treated with keyhole and open surgery
- Shoulder arthritis treated with shoulder replacement
- Rotator cuff tears, bursitis and impingement